Wednesday, March 15, 2017

So Many Things to Create!!!

... and so little time.


Oh my goodness!

 In recent years I've been hit with the realization that I wished I would have fostered my creative side more and seriously endeavored to make it my livelihood while I had more time in life... but alas I guess I there's no better time than the present.

 I have a list...   

...or several lists... you might call it a creative bucket-list.  A list of things I've done, some I want to do more of, some I want to try.  Many of my interests lay with the practice handcrafts of the pioneers.  Think what would happen if the SHTF... and we were plunged back into the era of the pioneers. I would like to know how to do stuff.  Gardening, canning, spinning, knitting, crochet, sewing and all those skills wrapped up into the category of Upcyling.

How to use everything and throw away nothing.

My husband has nearly given up on trying to keep up with all my partially completed projects.  I'd like to tell you a little about my day yesterday.  Friday furlough for my 9-5 has blessed me with a couple extra free days per month.  After spending a little time with my youngest son (and prepper extraordinaire) I ended up at the thrift store to buy a couple of sweaters... wool that is.  Why?  I plan to make a blanket quilt with felted wool sweaters.... so far I've purchase two sweaters, shrunk them in the wash and now they're ready to cut up...I'm thinking 5" squares which will wait until the next trip to the thrift store.

This one might take a while as I plan to simply collect more sweaters a little at a time but for now here is the beginning.

No comments: