Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Granny-Square-Journey


Last year, I was ready to hit the hooks and learn how to make granny squares.  I had only done a small amount of crochet, and this was before I made the afghan in an earlier post.  http://sillemap.blogspot.com/2012/07/mile-minute-afghan.html

"My Granny-Square-Journey"
In the true nature of the granny square  I got started with a bunch of let-over yarn, and practiced.. here are my first.. 

WHOO HOO... MY VERY FIRST!!!!
TWO SMALL SAMPLE BLANKETS MODELED BY OUR KITTY RUDY

Then I moved on to a small amount of nice wool yarn my sister passed along to me... and I fell in LOVE with the colors.



This led to several trips to the store as I became OBSESSED WITH GRANNY SQUARES....

ONE OF MY FIRST LAY OUTS OF THIS AFGHAN

 Once I was ready to put it all together I learned how to join the pieces together that would match the granny square pattern, and added a pink edge....

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE THIS AFGHAN

No comments: